Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Paper City : Ofrenda

Here, I present my paper city – otherwise known as an altar in my case. I tried to go with a concept that was already rooted in my interests, and this just happened to work out nicely. Over the past few years, Dia de los Muertos has gotten quite the attention from all around. I'm used to the holiday since it's tradition in the Southwest, but I feel like people don't know enough about it. My intention for this is to be used as a cultural education tool for children and adults alike.






My favorite part of the package is the instruction booklet aka Guia para los Recien Fallecidos.

5 comments:

Hello There ! said...

it looks beautiful!

peter murray said...

This is awesome.

K. said...

Is that a HK Tarina Tarantino ring I spy?!

ann duvoisin said...

holy crap this is the most bestly awesome thing ever.

happytimes in my mind

Felicia Koloc said...

I am totally going to build the mini model you sent!