These are some icons I designed for a group project for GOOD Magazine. I chose to be part of this collaborative effort over doing a 10 pg paper. I'd say this was the better choice. The aim is to do a mini guerrilla campaign to make people aware of their water usage and how important it is to conserve it.
After collecting all the data, this was just how I visualized it in my head...
(from left to right - top to bottom)
1. 70% of an adult’s body is made up of water.
2. 84 gallons of water are used per person a day in Sarasota County alone.
3. The largest desalination plant in the US is located in Tampa. (It costs $3.06/1000 gal)
4. A drip from a faucet can waste up to 19.81 gallons a day.
5. Less than 1% of the world’s fresh water is readily available for direct human use.
6. Freshwater animals are disappearing 5 times faster than land animals.
7. 1/4 of the world’s population is without safe drinking water.
8. Humans use an average of 50 gallons of water a day.
9. Americans use 5 times more the amount of water than Europeans use.